- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 2 cups fresh cranberries, halved
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 2 teaspoons lime zest, finely grated
- 1/3 cup granulated white sugar
- ¼ cup water
- salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste
- 8 cups freshly popped corn
- Combine together jalapeño, cranberries, lime juice and lime zest in a food processor. Process until pureed and smooth. Strain over a saucepan. Add sugar, water, salt and pepper. Cook over medium heat until it reaches boiling point, stirring frequently. Reduce heat to medium-low and continue to simmer while stirring, until thickened, about 25 to 30 minutes. Remove from heat and pour into a wide bowl or deep dish. Add popped corn and toss until coated.
- Transfer coated popcorn onto a baking pan lined with wax paper. Spread out, separating any clusters with a spoon. Allow to cool before serving.
- For variety, replace cranberries with ripe mango and replace lime with orange or other citrus fruit. You may also add a pinch of cayenne pepper to the chutney just before tossing with popcorn.
Bestselling Products on Amazon
Prices are accurate as of December 10, 2016 1:02 am. Product prices and available are subject to change. Any price and availablility information displayed on Amazon.com at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of any products.
Certain content that appears on this site comes from Amazon Services LLC. This content is provided 'AS IS' and is subject to change or removal at any time.
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!