- ¼ cup dried cherries, coarsely chopped
- ¼ cup dried cranberries, coarsely chopped
- ¼ cup dried apricots, coarsely chopped
- ¼ cup raisins, chopped
- 3 tablespoons rum
- 2-½ cups confectioners' sugar
- 2/3 cup evaporated milk
- ¼ cup unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- 12 ounces white chocolate, coarsely chopped
- ½ teaspoon almond extract
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup almonds, toasted and coarsely chopped
- Line a 9x10x2-inch pan with foil. Brush with melted butter. Set aside.
- Combine together cherries, cranberries, apricots, raisins and rum in a bowl. Set aside for 20 to 30 minutes.
- Cook together confectioners’ sugar and milk in a heavy pan over medium heat. Add butter, while stirring constantly. Allow to boil. Continue boiling for 5 minutes. Do not stir.
- Reduce heat to low and add white chocolate, almond extract and vanilla extract. Carefully whisk mixture until chocolate is melted. Stir in chopped almonds and rehydrated cherry-rum mixture. Stir until well-blended.
- Pour into prepared pan. Smoothen top using a buttered spoon or offset spatula. Cool completely in pan. Chill for at least 2 hours or until firm.
- Turn out onto a cutting board and peel off foil. Cut into squares before serving.
- This recipe is inspired by fruitcake. You can also use peppermint candies or other Christmas-themed variations to replace dried fruit and nuts.
Bestselling Products on Amazon
Prices are accurate as of October 24, 2016 8:08 pm. Product prices and available are subject to change. Any price and availablility information displayed on Amazon.com at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of any products.
Certain content that appears on this site comes from Amazon Services LLC. This content is provided 'AS IS' and is subject to change or removal at any time.
Tagged with: baking • Baking and Confections • Candy • candy recipes • Christmas • Christmas Desserts • Christmas Fudge • Christmas Fudge Recipe • Christmas Recipes • Confectionery • Dessert • dessert recipes • Desserts • Food • Fudge • fudge recipes • Recipes
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!