- 2/3 cup almonds, toasted and coarsely chopped
- ¾ cup glace cherries, halved
- ½ cup seedless raisins
- ¼ up candied orange zest, coarsely chopped
- 2-1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup granulated white sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons kirsch or any fruit-flavored liqueur
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Line a cookie sheet with baking paper. Set aside.
- Combine together almonds, cherries, raising and candied orange zest. Sprinkle with one to two tablespoons flour. Toss lightly to coat. Set aside.
- Combine remaining flour, white sugar and baking powder. Sift once. Make a well in the center.
- Beat eggs until pale and frothy. Beat in vanilla and kirsch. Pour over dry ingredients and stir until mixture begins to form a dough. If needed, dust hands with flour and work dough until it holds together.
- Turn out dough on a floured surface and form into a ball. Divide into four equal parts. Form each part into a log, about 7 inches long and 3 to 4 inches wide. Place each log onto a sheet of waxed paper. Roll out with floured rolling pin until about ¼ inch thick.
- Spoon nuts and fruit mixture over dough. Roll using waxed paper as guide, like when rolling a jelly roll cake. Remove wax paper and pinch edges to seal. Repeat with remaining dough and fruit-nut filling.
- Place on lined cookie sheets, at least 2 inches apart. Flatten each log to about 3 to 4 inches or according to desired width. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until firm. Remove cookie sheet(s) from oven and set pan on a wire rack until biscotti are cool enough to touch. Slice each log into thin pieces, about ½ to ¾ of an inch.
- Reduce oven temperature to 300°F.
- Arrange slices back to lined cookie sheet(s). Bake for another 25 to 30 minutes, turning slices over halfway through baking time, until desired crispiness and crunchiness is achieved. For lightly crisp biscotti, baking time can be as short as 15 to 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and set on a wire rack to cool completely. Store in airtight containers to keep the crispiness.
- If desired, dip in melted white chocolate and sprinkle with finely crushed peppermint candies or red and green decorative sugar.
Bestselling Products on Amazon
Prices are accurate as of September 30, 2016 6:40 pm. Product prices and available are subject to change. Any price and availablility information displayed on Amazon.com at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of any products.
Certain content that appears on this site comes from Amazon Services LLC. This content is provided 'AS IS' and is subject to change or removal at any time.
Tagged with: Baked Goods • baking • Baking and Confections • biscotti • biscotti recipes • Christmas • Christmas Biscotti • Christmas Biscotti Recipe • Christmas Desserts • Christmas Recipes • cookie recipes • cookies • Dessert • dessert recipes • Desserts • Food • Holidays • Recipes
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!