Chocolate Truffles Recipe
- 8 ounces milk chocolate, chopped
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 2 teaspoons almond extract
- 2 tablespoons shortening
- 8 ounces white chocolate, chopped
- 1 cup walnuts, toasted and finely chopped
- Combine together milk chocolate and butter in a pan and set over low heat. Allow chocolate to melt, then stir until smooth. Remove from heat and gradually stir in cream and almond extract. Pour into a bowl and allow to cool for 5 to 10 minutes. Place bowl of ganache in the refrigerator for 30 to 40 minutes, or until firm enough to form into balls.
- Use a melon baller or a teaspoon to shape ganache into balls and arrange in a wax paper-lined tray or baking sheet. Chill until firm, at least 30 minutes.
- When balls are firm, combine white chocolate and shortening in heat-proof bowl. Set bowl over a pan of barely simmering water. Make sure not to let the bottom of bowl touch the water. Stir until melted.
- Dip chilled balls into the melted white chocolate, tapping each on the bowls rim to shake off excess chocolate. Roll in chopped walnuts and return to wax paper-lined baking sheet or tray. Chill until coating is set, about 45 minutes or so, before serving.
- You can replace milk chocolate with bittersweet or dark chocolate for the ganache. For rolling, you can replace nuts with sifted cocoa or confectioners’ sugar.
Bestselling Products on Amazon
Prices are accurate as of January 17, 2017 4:03 am. Product prices and available are subject to change. Any price and availablility information displayed on Amazon.com at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of any products.
Certain content that appears on this site comes from Amazon Services LLC. This content is provided 'AS IS' and is subject to change or removal at any time.
Tagged with: Baking and Confections • Candy • candy recipes • Chocolate • chocolate desserts • chocolate recipes • chocolate truffles • Chocolate Truffles Recipe • Dessert • dessert recipes • Desserts • Recipes • Truffle • truffle recipes • truffles
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!