Chocolate Strawberry Cheesecake
- 2 cups chocolate wafer crumbs (include filling)
- ¼ cup light brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons strawberry flavoring
- 3 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1-½ cups fresh or frozen strawberries, pureed
- 2 tablespoons cake flour
- Pinch of salt
- 1-1/3 cups white granulated sugar
- 5 large egg yolks
- 4 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter, diced
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 cup fresh strawberries, thinly sliced
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Combine chocolate wafer crumbs, light brown sugar, melted butter and strawberry in a food processor. Pulse until crumbly. Press onto the bottom and about 1 to 2 inches up the sides of a 9-inch springform pan. Bake in middle rack for 8 to 10 minutes or until slightly darkened. Cool in pan on a wire rack. Reduce oven temperature to 300°F.
- Set mixer to medium speed and use paddle attachment. Beat cream cheese until smooth and creamy. Add pureed strawberries, flour and salt. Continue beating until well-blended, scraping down the sides of bowl frequently, about 5 to 6 minutes. Add sugar and continue beating until smooth. Beat in vanilla. Add egg yolks one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Pour cream cheese mixture into pre-baked crust. Bake for 55 to 65 minutes or until slightly puffed on the edges and still moist in the center. Turn oven off and leave cheesecake inside for 30 to 45 minutes with the oven door partially open.
- Remove pan and cool complete on a wire rack. Cover pan top with plastic wrap and chill for at least 8 hours or overnight.
- Combine chocolate chips and butter in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave over high heat for 2 to 3 minutes or until completely melted, stirring after every 30-second intervals. Stir until smooth. Stir in honey.
- Thaw cheesecake in refrigerator at least 1 hour before adding topping.
- Once cheesecake is ready, run a thin knife around the sides of cake and remove pan sides. Use thin metal spatula to loosen crust from pan bottom and carefully slide on to a serving plate or cake stand. Pour warm chocolate topping over top of cake, allowing it to run down the sides. Arrange fresh strawberry slices over topping. If desired, chill the cake again before serving.
- If using frozen strawberries for the puree, thaw strawberries and drain well. Otherwise, the excess liquid will water down the cheesecake and might cause undesirable results.
Bestselling Products on Amazon
Prices are accurate as of October 21, 2016 7:51 pm. Product prices and available are subject to change. Any price and availablility information displayed on Amazon.com at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of any products.
Certain content that appears on this site comes from Amazon Services LLC. This content is provided 'AS IS' and is subject to change or removal at any time.
Tagged with: baking • Baking and Confections • Cheesecake • cheesecake recipes • cheesecakes • Chocolate • chocolate cheesecake • chocolate cheesecake recipes • chocolate cheesecakes • chocolate desserts • chocolate recipes • Chocolate Strawberry Cheesecake • Cream cheese • Dessert • dessert recipes • Desserts • Recipes • strawberries • strawberry • strawberry cheesecake recipes • strawberry cheesecakes • strawberry chocolate cheesecake • strawberry desserts • strawberry recipes
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!