Chocolate Raspberry Cheesecake
- 1 cup chocolate wafer cookies, crushed
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons black raspberry liqueur, preferably Chambord
- 1 cup cottage cream, drained
- 3 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup white granulated sugar
- ½ cup dark brown sugar, firmly packed
- 2/3 cups unsweetened dark cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons black raspberry liqueur
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 large eggs
- 2 cups fresh raspberries
- 2/3 cup whipping cream
- ½ cup shavings from semi-sweet chocolate
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Brush a 9-inch springform pan with melted butter. Set aside.
- Mix together chocolate wafer cookie crumbs, melted butter and black raspberry liqueur until well-combined. Press onto the bottom of prepared pan. Bake in preheated oven for 5 minutes. Remove pan from oven and allow to cool. Reduce oven temperature to 325°F.
- While crust is baking, place cottage cheese in a food processor and process until smooth. Combine with softened cream cheese in a mixer bowl and beat on medium speed until smooth. Reduce speed to low. Beat in white sugar, dark brown sugar, cocoa powder, black raspberry liqueur and vanilla. Continue beating until well combined, gradually increasing speed from low to high. Beat in eggs one at a time. Scrape down the sides of bowl as needed. Remove bowl from mixer and fold in fresh 2/3 of raspberries. Pour mixture over pre-baked crust.
- Bake for 60 to 70 minutes or until center of cake is just set and still jiggly. Turn off oven, leaving pan inside, with the oven door slightly open, for an hour or so. Remove pan from oven and allow to cool completely in pan. Chill overnight.
- When ready to serve, loosen cake by running a thin knife around the edges of the pan. Remove sides of pan. Carefully slide cake onto a serving plate or platter. Whip cream and pipe decoratively on cake top and base. Arrange remaining raspberries and chocolate shavings over top of cake. Chill until ready to serve. Cut into wedges before serving.
- Omit toppings from ingredients list. Dust cake top with confectioners’ sugar sifted with cocoa powder. If desired, warm some raspberry jam and drizzle over cake before dusting with sugar.
Bestselling Products on Amazon
Prices are accurate as of September 30, 2016 6:40 pm. Product prices and available are subject to change. Any price and availablility information displayed on Amazon.com at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of any products.
Certain content that appears on this site comes from Amazon Services LLC. This content is provided 'AS IS' and is subject to change or removal at any time.
Tagged with: baking • Baking and Confections • Cheesecake • cheesecakes • Chocolate • chocolate cheesecake • chocolate desserts • Chocolate Raspberry Cheesecake • chocolate recipes • Dessert • dessert recipes • Desserts • raspberries • raspberry • raspberry cheesecake • raspberry desserts • Recipes
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!