Chocolate Raspberry Bruschetta
- 2 cups fresh raspberries
- ½ cup granulated white sugar
- ¼ cup rum or brandy
- 12 slices baguettes (about ½-inch thick)
- 6 to 8 ounces dark chocolate, shaved
- ¼ cup almonds, toasted and chopped
- confectioners' sugar, sifted (for dusting)
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Combine together raspberries, granulated sugar and brandy in a pan. Set aside for at least 30 minutes or until juices begin to come of the berries. Once berries have emitted a substantial amount of juice, or if 30 minutes had gone past, set pan over low heat and cook, while stirring, until raspberries are tenderized. Gently mash berries against the bottom of pan to partially crush them. Cook for another 2 to 3 minutes or until sauce begins to thicken. Remove from pan and allow to cool. The cooler the raspberries are, the thicker the sauce will become.
- Meanwhile, line a baking sheet with waxed paper. Arrange baguette slices in a single layer. Top with about 1 tablespoon chocolate shavings. Bake for 10 to 15 minutes or until chocolate has melted. Remove baking sheet from the oven and spoon raspberries and sauce over chocolate layer. Sprinkle with chopped almonds and remaining chocolate shavings, if any.
- Arrange bruschetta on a serving platter and dust with confectioners’ sugar. Serve while warm.
- You may also use bittersweet chocolate or mint chocolate for this recipe. Add a little bit mint into the raspberry mixture by stirring in ¼ teaspoon mint extract as soon as pan is removed from heat. Follow the rest of the recipe as directed.
Bestselling Products on Amazon
Prices are accurate as of January 17, 2017 4:03 am. Product prices and available are subject to change. Any price and availablility information displayed on Amazon.com at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of any products.
Certain content that appears on this site comes from Amazon Services LLC. This content is provided 'AS IS' and is subject to change or removal at any time.
Tagged with: appetizer • appetizer recipes • appetizers • appetizers and snacks • bruschetta • bruschetta recipes • Chocolate • Chocolate Raspberry Bruschetta • chocolate raspberry bruschetta recipe • raspberries • Recipes • Snack • snack recipes • snacks
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!