Chocolate Pecan Ice Cream
This recipe takes traditional homemade chocolate ice cream and up it a notch by giving it a hint of butter pecan flavor.
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- ½ cup plus 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup milk chocolate chips
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1 cup pecan halves
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, combine heavy cream, whole milk, cocoa powder, ½ cup granulated sugar and salt. Stir continuously to dissolve the sugar; reduce heat to low and allow simmering for several minutes or until the edges of the mixture begin to slightly bubbling.
- While simmering, melt butter in a skillet and add in the pecan halves and 1 teaspoon of sugar; keep tossing the pecans around in the pan to coat with butter and avoid burning them for about 3-4 minutes. This creates a candied pecan.
- Remove both mixtures from heat. Slowly stir the chocolate chips until melted and place the cream mixture in the refrigerator for a minimum of two hours.
- Allow the candied pecans to slowly come down to room temperature. Pour the chocolate cream mixture into the freezer compartment of your ice cream maker and follow the normal churning directions.
- About five minutes before the ice cream is complete, stir in the candied pecans and allow the ice cream to complete the churn process.
- For a less sweetened Chocolate Pecan recipe, omit the butter and 1 teaspoon of sugar from the recipe. Instead, roughly chop the pecan halves into small pieces and pour directly into the cream mixture prior to adding it into the ice cream maker.
Bestselling Products on Amazon
The Mother Tongue: English and How it Got that Way
With dazzling wit and astonishing insight, Bill Bryson—the acclaimed author of The Lost Continent—brilliantly explores the remarkable history, eccentricities, resilience a... read more →
Prices are accurate as of December 3, 2016 10:20 pm. Product prices and available are subject to change. Any price and availablility information displayed on Amazon.com at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of any products.
Certain content that appears on this site comes from Amazon Services LLC. This content is provided 'AS IS' and is subject to change or removal at any time.
Tagged with: Baking and Confections • Butter Pecan • Chocolate • Chocolate ice cream • Chocolate Pecan Ice Cream • Chocolate Pecan Ice Cream Recipe • Dessert • dessert recipes • Frozen • ice cream • ice cream recipes • Recipes
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!