Chocolate Marshmallow Swirl Ice Cream
This recipe creates a creamy chocolate ice cream with swirls of thick, gooey marshmallow!
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 ½ cup whole or 2% milk
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 cup marshmallow fluff
- ½ to 1 cup Karo Syrup
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, combine the heavy cream and milk. In a small bowl, combine the granulated sugar and cocoa powder.
- Whisking continuously, slowly pour in the sugar and cocoa into the cream mixture. Continue whisking until sugar is completely dissolved. Reduce heat to low and continue simmering for about ten minutes, or until soft bubbles form around the edges. Remove from heat and immediately stir in the chocolate chips.
- Chill in the refrigerator for a minimum of 2 hours.
- When chilled, pour it into the freezer section of your ice cream maker and follow its normal instructions. While the ice cream is making, prepare the marshmallow swirl.
- To make the marshmallow fluff easier to work with, pour it into a microwave safe bowl and heat for 45 seconds, stirring after every 15 seconds. The amount of Karo syrup you will need depends entirely on the thickness of your marshmallow fluff, as brands vary.
- Add ½ cup of syrup to the heated marshmallow fluff and stir vigorously. It is very hard to work with in the beginning but as the syrup mixes with the fluff, it becomes thinner and much easier to mix. If it is still too hard to spread after the ½ cup of syrup, continue adding syrup ¼ cups at a time and mixing. Do not add more than 1 cup of the syrup or the flavor of the marshmallow fluff will be altered.
- Once pliable, you can add the marshmallow fluff in two ways. For small swirls, slowly drizzle the marshmallow fluff into the ice cream over the last ten minutes of the churn process.
- For larger, chunks of marshmallow, stir in the fluff quickly when the ice cream is finished churning. Because of the temperature of the ice cream, the marshmallow fluff quickly thickens so mix quickly to spread it through the ice cream.
- Instead of store bought marshmallow fluff, you can simply prepare your own. With a hand mixer, beat 3 eggs whites, ½ teaspoon of cream of tartar, 1 cup of granulated sugar together until stiff peaks form. Beat in 1 cup karo syrup and 1 teaspoon vanilla extract. Yummy!
Bestselling Products on Amazon
Prices are accurate as of December 7, 2016 10:41 pm. Product prices and available are subject to change. Any price and availablility information displayed on Amazon.com at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of any products.
Certain content that appears on this site comes from Amazon Services LLC. This content is provided 'AS IS' and is subject to change or removal at any time.
Tagged with: Baking and Confections • Chocolate Marshmallow Swirl Ice Cream • Chocolate Marshmallow Swirl Ice Cream Recipe • Cooking • Dairy • Dessert • dessert recipes • Frozen • ice cream • ice cream recipes • Recipes
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!