Chocolate Ginger Cookies
- 2/3 cup Unsalted butter, softened
- ¾ cup light brown sugar, packed
- 2 large eggs
- 2 ounces semi-sweet or bittersweet chocolate, melted
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon ginger, ground
- 4 ounces dark chocolate, melted (for drizzling)
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line cookie sheets with baking paper. Set aside.
- Beat butter on medium speed until soft and creamy. Gradually add light brown sugar while beating, until mixture is light and fluffy.
- Break eggs into butter mixture one by one, beating well after adding each. Beat in melted semi-sweet or bittersweet chocolate.
- Combine together flour, cocoa powder and ginger powder. Gently fold into butter mixture until uniform in color and no pale streaks are visible.
- Drop batter by spoonfuls onto prepared cookie sheets, at least 1 inch apart. Lightly flatten batter mounds using the back of a buttered spoon. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until lightly browned on the edges. If crunchier cookies are desired, bake for another 2 to 3 minutes.
- Cool cookies on sheets for 3 to 5 minutes, then turn out onto wire racks to cool completely.
- Once cookies are completely cooled, arrange on a tray or cookie sheet lined with baking paper and drizzle with melted dark chocolate. Set aside or refrigerate until chocolate drizzle is set, at least 30 minutes.
- For a no-mess drizzling experience, spoon melted (and cooled) dark chocolate in a plastic baggie and snip one corner. Gently squeeze melted chocolate over cooled cookies for even drizzling.
- The size of the chocolate “strands” on the cookies depends on how large a portion you snipped. If you need finer “strands,” snip only the tiniest bit off of the plastic baggie.
Bestselling Products on Amazon
The Mother Tongue: English and How it Got that Way
With dazzling wit and astonishing insight, Bill Bryson—the acclaimed author of The Lost Continent—brilliantly explores the remarkable history, eccentricities, resilience a... read more →
Prices are accurate as of December 3, 2016 10:20 pm. Product prices and available are subject to change. Any price and availablility information displayed on Amazon.com at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of any products.
Certain content that appears on this site comes from Amazon Services LLC. This content is provided 'AS IS' and is subject to change or removal at any time.
Tagged with: baking • Baking and Confections • Chocolate • chocolate cookie recipes • chocolate cookies • chocolate desserts • chocolate ginger cookie recipe • Chocolate Ginger Cookies • chocolate recipes • cookie recipes • cookies • Dessert • dessert recipes • Desserts • ginger cookie recipes • ginger cookies • Holiday Cookies • Recipes
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!