Chocolate Fudge Ice Cream
This recipe takes your basic homemade chocolate ice cream up a notch by adding swirls of rich hot fudge.
- 1 cup half and half
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup whole milk
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 cup hot fudge sauce (ice cream topping version works great!)
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, combine half and half, heavy cream, whole milk, cocoa powder and salt. Stir in the granulated sugar until dissolved.
- Reduce heat to low and allow the cream mixture to simmer for an additional ten minutes, or until the edges of the cream begin to bubble. Remove from heat and use a whisk or hand mixer to beat the cream mixture until it has quickly cooled.
- This quickens the chill process. Place in the refrigerator, along with a clean butter knife, for about an hour. Pour the chocolate mix into your ice cream maker’s freezer compartment and complete the churn process according to normal directions.
- While finishing the ice cream process, heat your hot fudge sauce in the microwave for 15 second increments, stirring after each cycle or follow the directions indicated on your specific type of hot fudge.
- When complete, remove the knife from the fridge and use it to swirl the hot fudge sauce throughout the ice cream. Enjoy!
- For a solid fudge ice cream instead of swirls, increase the hot fudge sauce by ½ cup and follow the directions for heating it in the microwave. Once you have added the cream mixture to your ice cream maker and completed half the churn cycle, pour in the warmed hot fudge sauce and allow the ice cream to finish churning.
Bestselling Products on Amazon
Prices are accurate as of September 26, 2016 6:31 pm. Product prices and available are subject to change. Any price and availablility information displayed on Amazon.com at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of any products.
Certain content that appears on this site comes from Amazon Services LLC. This content is provided 'AS IS' and is subject to change or removal at any time.
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!