Chocolate Covered Popcorn
- 1 tablespoon corn oil
- 1/3 cup popcorn kernels
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon powder
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg, grated
- 12 ounces dark chocolate, chopped
- 2 ounces white chocolate, chopped
- Heat oil in a deep lidded pot. Test for hotness by placing 3 popcorn kernels into the oil. If they pop, add the rest of the kernels. Cover and shake pot until all kernels are popped.
- Pour into a deep bowl. Shake bowl carefully until all unpopped or semi-popped kernels sink at the bottom. Spoon the kernels that have completely popped and transfer onto a sheet of wax paper set on a baking pan. Sprinkle with cinnamon and nutmeg, if using. Toss lightly until blended.
- Melt dark chocolate in a microwave-proof bowl. Stir lightly until completely melted. Pour over popcorn and toss until evenly coated. Chill for 10 to 15 minutes or until chocolate is firm.
- Melt white chocolate and drizzle over dark chocolate-coated popcorn. Use a buttered wooden spoon to separate any clusters. Chill until white chocolate decoration is set.
- Serve right away or store in airtight containers.
- For variation, toss together chopped chocolate with popped corn and spread in a wax paper-lined baking sheet. Bake for 10 to 15 minutes or until chocolates are melted. Toss until well-mixed.
Bestselling Products on Amazon
Prices are accurate as of September 29, 2016 6:39 pm. Product prices and available are subject to change. Any price and availablility information displayed on Amazon.com at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of any products.
Certain content that appears on this site comes from Amazon Services LLC. This content is provided 'AS IS' and is subject to change or removal at any time.
Tagged with: appetizer recipes • appetizers • appetizers and snacks • appetizers and snacksPopcorn • Chocolate • Chocolate Covered Chocolate Covered Popcorn • chocolate covered popcorn recipe • chocolate popcorn • chocolate recipes • Popcorn • popcorn recipes • Recipes • Snack • snacks
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!