Chocolate Chip Pecan Cookies
- 1-¼ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon coarse salt
- ½ cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/3 cup granulated white sugar
- ½ cup light brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 extra-large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup semisweet or bittersweet chocolate chips
- 2/3 cup pecans, lightly toasted and coarsely chopped
- Preheat oven to 375°f. Line cookie sheets with baking paper or waxed paper. Set aside.
- Combine together all-purpose flour, baking soda and salt. Sift together until well-blended. Set aside.
- Cream butter over medium speed until smooth and creamy. Add white sugar and light brown sugar. Continue beating on medium speed until light and fluffy, about 3 to 5 minutes. Gradually beat in sifted dry ingredients into butter mixture in two to three additions. Beat for another 1 to 2 minutes until all ingredients are fully incorporated.
- Fold in chocolate chips and chopped pecans until evenly distributed.
- Drop mixture onto prepared cookie sheets, about 1 tablespoonful per cookie. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until edges are golden-brown and centers are set.
- Cool cookies on sheets for 3 to 5 minutes, then transfer onto wire racks until completely cooled to room temperature.
- If desired, omit ¼ cup flour and replace with ¼ cup pecans, finely ground into a fine meal.
- For variety, melt some dark chocolate and drizzle over cookies while still warm. Allow cookies to cool completely and until drizzled chocolate is set.
Bestselling Products on Amazon
The Mother Tongue: English and How it Got that Way
With dazzling wit and astonishing insight, Bill Bryson—the acclaimed author of The Lost Continent—brilliantly explores the remarkable history, eccentricities, resilience a... read more →
Prices are accurate as of December 3, 2016 10:20 pm. Product prices and available are subject to change. Any price and availablility information displayed on Amazon.com at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of any products.
Certain content that appears on this site comes from Amazon Services LLC. This content is provided 'AS IS' and is subject to change or removal at any time.
Tagged with: Baking and Confections • Chocolate • Chocolate chip • chocolate chip cookie recipes • chocolate chip cookies • Chocolate Chip Pecan Cookies • Chocolate Chip Pecan Cookies Recipe • Cookie • cookie recipes • cookies • dessert recipes • Desserts • Pecan • pecan cookie recipes • pecan cookies • Recipes
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!