Chocolate Chip Cheesecake Bars
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons dark cocoa powder
- 1-½ cups chocolate wafer cookies
- ½ cup unsalted butter, chilled and diced
- 1 tablespoon light brown sugar
- 1 cup bittersweet chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup granulated white sugar
- ½ cup whipping cream
- 2 ounces dark chocolate, melted
- 2/3 cup hazelnuts, lightly toasted and chopped
- Line a 9x10-inch pan with foil, allowing a portion to hand over rim of pan. Brush foil with melted butter. Sift dark cocoa powder over pan. Do not discard excess. Set aside.
- Combine together wafer cookies, butter and light brown sugar. Pulse in a food processor until combined. Press onto the bottom of prepared pan. Chill until needed.
- Place chocolate chips and milk in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on High for 30 to 45 second in 5- to 10-second intervals, stirring slightly in between. Chocolate will still be chunky. Do not melt all throughout. Spread chocolate over base. Chill until needed.
- Beat cream cheese until smooth and creamy. Add white sugar. Continue beating until light and fluffy.
- Whip cream until stiff. Beat in melted chocolate Fold into cream cheese mixture. Spread over chocolate chip layer. Smoothen top and sprinkle with hazelnuts. Cover pan loosely with plastic wrap. Chill for at least 8 hours or overnight until firm.
- To remove cake from pan, dip a piece of cotton cloth and wipe over base of pan. Gently lift cake using foil as “handles.” Transfer cake onto a board dusting with cocoa. Cut cake into squares before serving.
- You may also sprinkle chopped candied fruit or berries over chocolate chip layer before covering with cream cheese mixture. Use a sharp knife dipped in hot water and wiped with a cotton cloth to ensure clean edges when cutting cookie cake.
Bestselling Products on Amazon
Prices are accurate as of September 27, 2016 6:36 pm. Product prices and available are subject to change. Any price and availablility information displayed on Amazon.com at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of any products.
Certain content that appears on this site comes from Amazon Services LLC. This content is provided 'AS IS' and is subject to change or removal at any time.
Tagged with: baking • Baking and Confections • bar cookie recipes • bar cookies • Cheesecake • Chocolate • Chocolate chip • Chocolate Chip Cheesecake Bars • chocolate chip cookie bars • chocolate chip cookies • chocolate chip desserts • chocolate desserts • chocolate recipes • cookie bars • cookie recipes • cookies • Cooking • Dessert • dessert recipes • Desserts • Recipes
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!