Chocolate Cake Mix Cookies
- 1 box (15 ounces) devil's food cake mix
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- ¼ teaspoon cornstarch
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- ½ cup unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon rum extract
- finely chopped toasted nuts, for rolling or sprinkling
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line cookie sheets with baking paper. Set aside.
- Combine cake mix, flour and cornstarch. Sift once. Make a well in the center of dry ingredients. Pour in beaten eggs, melted butter, vanilla and rum extract. Whisk together until just combined. Transfer onto a sheet of waxed paper and roll into an 8-inch by 1-inch diameter log. Chill for at least 5 to 10 minutes.
- Unroll dough and roll over nuts, pressing lightly until pieces adhere to dough. Reroll and chill for 15 to 20 minutes or until firm enough to slice. Cut dough into ½-inch thick rounds and arrange on prepared cookie sheets. If desired, sprinkle tops with sifted cocoa powder. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until firm. Allow to cool on cookie sheets for 10 minutes, then transfer onto wire racks to cool completely.
- For chewy cookies, bake for 10 minutes. For crispy cookies bake for 12 to 15 minutes.
Bestselling Products on Amazon
Prices are accurate as of October 24, 2016 8:08 pm. Product prices and available are subject to change. Any price and availablility information displayed on Amazon.com at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of any products.
Certain content that appears on this site comes from Amazon Services LLC. This content is provided 'AS IS' and is subject to change or removal at any time.
Tagged with: baking • Baking and Confections • Cake • cake mix cookie recipes • cake mix cookies • cake recipes • Chocolate • Chocolate cake • chocolate cake mix cookie recipe • Chocolate Cake Mix Cookies • Cookie • cookie recipes • cookies • Dessert • dessert recipes • Desserts • Recipes
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!