Chocolate Brownie Ice Cream
- 5 egg yolks
- 1 ½ cup whole or 2% milk
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup of water
- 1 ½ cup heavy cream
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1 cup brownie pieces, roughly chopped (both homemade and store bought brownies work great)
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the egg yolks until creamy. Over medium heat in a medium saucepan, combine the milk and sugar; stirring continuously until sugar is dissolved.
- Remove from heat and stir in the vanilla extract. Very slowly pour 1/3 of the heated milk and sugar mixture into the egg yolks, while continuously whisking the eggs. This will bring the eggs up to the same temperature as the milk without cooking the egg yolks. Then, whisk the eggs into the remaining milk mixture and whisk together completely. Set aside.
- In a medium saucepan over medium-high heat, bring the one cup of water to boil. Combine chocolate chips and heavy cream in a heat safe bowl and place it over the boiling water. Whisk quickly until chocolate is melted and thoroughly combined with the heavy cream; set aside.
- Combine the chocolate and milk/egg mixture together. Refrigerate overnight or at least 8 hours. When chilling is complete, pour into your ice cream maker’s freezer and complete the churning process. When completed, gently stir in the brownie pieces and serve.
- For homemade brownies, simple combine 1 ½ cups granulated sugar, ½ stick of butter, ½ cup cocoa powder, 1 cup all-purpose flour, 3 eggs, ½ teaspoon both baking powder and baking soda, teaspoon vanilla extract and a pinch of salt.
- Once thoroughly combined, toss the 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips in a tablespoon of flour until well coated and stir into the brownie mix. Bake at 375 for 15-17 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Allow to cool then crumble or roughly chop the brownies into 1 cup of bite sized chunks.
Bestselling Products on Amazon
Prices are accurate as of September 29, 2016 6:39 pm. Product prices and available are subject to change. Any price and availablility information displayed on Amazon.com at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of any products.
Certain content that appears on this site comes from Amazon Services LLC. This content is provided 'AS IS' and is subject to change or removal at any time.
Tagged with: Baking and Confections • Chocolate brownie • Chocolate Brownie Ice Cream • Chocolate Brownie Ice Cream Recipe • Dessert • dessert recipes • Desserts • Frozen • ice cream • ice cream recipes • Recipes
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!