Chocolate Banana Ice Cream
The recipe creates a rich, banana flavored ice cream with chunks of delicious, melt in your mouth chocolate!
- 1 ½ cup heavy cream
- 1 ½ cup whole or 2% milk
- 1 ½ cup bananas, mashed
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup chocolate pieces, shaved or roughly chopped
- In a mixing bowl, use a hand mixer to beat together the heavy cream, milk, bananas and vanilla extract until smooth.
- Pour into a medium saucepan over medium heat and add sugar; stir continuously until sugar is thoroughly dissolved and the edges of the cream mixture are starting to bubble.
- Remove from heat and refrigerate for no more than two hours; although the bananas were beat smooth, there is a chance that they can still turn brown and change both the flavor and the color of the ice cream if chilled longer than two hours.
- Pour into your ice cream maker’s freezer compartment and churn according to your maker’s instructions. Before serving, gently stir in the chocolate pieces.
- Any chocolate will work for this recipe, according to your personal preference. For a sweeter chocolate banana ice cream, use milk chocolate. For a more banana-flavored ice cream, use semi-sweet chocolate and reduce the amount by half. For a less sweetened ice cream, use dark chocolate.
Bestselling Products on Amazon
Death in Holy Orders (Adam Dalgliesh Mysteries Book 11)
From the award-winning master of literary crime fiction, a classic work rich in tense drama and psychological insight.On the East Anglian seacoast, a small theological college... read more →
Prices are accurate as of January 18, 2017 4:04 am. Product prices and available are subject to change. Any price and availablility information displayed on Amazon.com at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of any products.
Certain content that appears on this site comes from Amazon Services LLC. This content is provided 'AS IS' and is subject to change or removal at any time.
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!