Chocolate Banana Cake
- 1 cup light brown sugar, packed
- ½ cup granulated white sugar
- 1-1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup unsweetened Dutch processed cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoons baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 medium-size eggs
- ¾ cup warm milk
- ¼ cup corn oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon banana essence
- ¾ cup ripe bananas, mashed
- ¾ cup all-purpose cream
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, diced
- 8 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Brush a 13x9x3-inch cake pan with corn oil and lightly dust with sifted cocoa powder. Set aside.
- Combine together light brown sugar, white sugar, flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Sift once. Set aside.
- Beat eggs until frothy and pale-colored. Gradually whisk in milk, corn oil, vanilla and banana essence. Stir in mashed bananas. Gradually stir in sifted dry ingredients and mix until just moistened.
- Pour batter into prepared pan. Set pan in middle rack inside the oven and bake for 35 to 45 minutes or until tester inserted comes out clean. Allow cake to cool in pan for 10 to 12 minutes. Turn out onto a wire rack and allow to cool completely.
- Heat cream over medium heat. Once it begins to simmer, add butter a few pieces at a time. Allow to boil and remove from heat. Pour over chopped chocolate in a bowl. Set aside for 5 to 7 minutes, allowing the chocolate to melt. Carefully whisk ganache until smooth. Set aside to cool completely.
- Once cooled, beat the ganache over medium speed until fluffy and smooth. Spread on top of cooled cake. Chill cake until ganache is firm, about 8 hours or overnight, preferably. Cut cake into slices before serving.
- You may add chopped nuts to cake mixture to give it more texture.
- For a darker chocolate banana cake, use melted dark chocolate in place of cocoa powder.
Bestselling Products on Amazon
Prices are accurate as of October 25, 2016 8:10 pm. Product prices and available are subject to change. Any price and availablility information displayed on Amazon.com at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of any products.
Certain content that appears on this site comes from Amazon Services LLC. This content is provided 'AS IS' and is subject to change or removal at any time.
Tagged with: baking • Baking and Confections • banana • banana cake recipes • banana cakes • banana chocolate cake • banana chocolate cake recipe • banana dessert recipes • banana desserts • Cake • cake recipes • Cakes • Chocolate • Chocolate Banana Cake • chocolate banana cake recipe • Dessert • dessert recipes • Desserts • Recipes
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!