Chocolate Almond Biscotti
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cups dark cocoa powder
- ½ cup light brown sugar, packed
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- pinch of coarse salt
- 2/3 cup almonds (with skin on), lightly toasted coarsely chopped
- 2/3 cup dark chocolate chips or dark baking chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 2 large eggs
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon almond extract
- Granulated white sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a cookie sheet with baking paper. Set aside.
- Combine flour, cocoa powder, light brown sugar, baking soda and salt. Mix until well-combined. Stir in almonds and chocolate chips or chopped chocolate. Set aside.
- Beat eggs until frothy and pale. Beat in vanilla and almond extract. Gradually mix into the dry ingredients and mix until it forms a dough.
- With floured hands, form dough into a ball and divide into two to three parts. Form each part into a log, about the same length as the cookie sheet in use, and about 2 to 3 inches wide.
- Arrange logs over paper-lined cookie sheet, placing each evenly apart. Each sheet can contain two to three logs. Lightly press down on the logs to flatten them a little. Sprinkle logs with granulated white sugar.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until logs are firm. Remove from oven and allow to cool until just warm enough to touch. Diagonally slice each log into ½-inch to ¾-inch pieces. Lay out the slices, cut side down, on the cookies sheets. Make sure that none of the slices overlap. Bake for another 15 to 20 minutes or until crispy. Turn biscotti over halfway through baking time to crisp the other side. This baking time can vary according to your desired crispiness. Bake longer, if desired.
- Remove cookies from oven and allow to cool on wire racks. Serve with any warm beverage. Store any leftovers in airtight containers.
- If desired, you can also beat an egg and brush over each log before sprinkling with granulated white sugar. Bake as directed in the recipe instructions.
- For variety, add a dash of chili pepper flakes to the dry ingredients before mixing with the wet ingredients.
Bestselling Products on Amazon
Prices are accurate as of September 24, 2016 6:29 pm. Product prices and available are subject to change. Any price and availablility information displayed on Amazon.com at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of any products.
Certain content that appears on this site comes from Amazon Services LLC. This content is provided 'AS IS' and is subject to change or removal at any time.
Tagged with: Almond • baking • Baking and Confections • biscotti • biscotti recipes • Chocolate • Chocolate Almond Biscotti • chocolate almond biscotti recipe • chocolate biscotti recipes • Chocolate chip • Cookie • cookie recipes • cookies • Cooking • Dessert • dessert recipes • Desserts • Recipes
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!