- 8 to 10 cups beef stock
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon ginger, peeled and thinly sliced
- salt and pepper, as needed
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- ¼ to 1/3 cup soy sauce
- beef, cut into bite-size strips
- button mushrooms, washed and halved
- Chinese cabbage, detached from head
- broccoli florets, blanched
- carrot sticks, blanched (if desired)
- prawns, shelled and deveined (pre-cook, if desired)
- Combine beef stock, sesame oil, rice wine vinegar and ginger in a lidded pot. Bring to a full rolling boil over medium-high heat. Reduce to medium heat and simmer for one to two minutes. Turn off heat.
- Carefully pour or ladle into fondue pot and keep warm.
- Combine lemon juice and soy sauce. Spoon into individual dipping bowls. Set aside.
- Place fondue pot filled with hot broth in the middle of serving table. Place bowls of dipping sauce around pot in easy to reach portions of the table.
- Arrange dippers in serving plates and place around fondue pot. Place wooden skewers in another container and set beside pot.
- Skewer your desired dipper and immerse in broth until cooked according to desired doneness. Dip into dipping sauce and consume.
- You can ladle any remaining broth into individual soup bowls, break an egg in each bowl, stir and serve.
- For a spicy kick, add a few drops of hot sauce either to the broth or the dipping sauce.
- For a variety in the dipping sauce, you may also mix in minced onions with the soy sauce and lemon juice. Crush a few chili peppers into the dipping sauce, if preferred.
Bestselling Products on Amazon
Prices are accurate as of December 7, 2016 10:41 pm. Product prices and available are subject to change. Any price and availablility information displayed on Amazon.com at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of any products.
Certain content that appears on this site comes from Amazon Services LLC. This content is provided 'AS IS' and is subject to change or removal at any time.
Tagged with: appetizer recipes • appetizers • appetizers and snacks • appetzer recipes • Cheese • Chinese Fondue • chinese fondue recipe • chinese recipes • Cooking • fondue • fondue recipes • Recipes
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!