Chili Tortilla Chips
- 12 pieces (6 inches each) corn tortillas
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- ¼ teaspoon chili flakes
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- ground black pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon fresh jalapeño peppers, seeded and chopped (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cut each tortilla into 3 strips pieces, lengthwise. Cut each strip into 4, making 12 pieces from each tortilla, or about 144 pieces for all 12 tortillas. Lightly spray or drizzle tortilla with canola oil. Season with chili powder, chili flakes, salt and pepper.
- Spread in a single layer in an ungreased square or rectangular baking pan. Bake for 10 to 15 minutes or until crispy and golden. Keep an eye on the chips as they tend to brown faster after 8 to 10 minutes. Rotate the pan halfway through the procedure to ensure all chips to bake thoroughly. It is also advised to toss the chips lightly halfway through the baking process. Transfer baked chips on a deep plate and toss with chopped jalapeño, if desired. Serve immediately.
- If you need larger pieces, just cut each tortilla into 6 to 8 wedges. You can also increase the chili content as desired.
Bestselling Products on Amazon
Prices are accurate as of September 25, 2016 6:29 pm. Product prices and available are subject to change. Any price and availablility information displayed on Amazon.com at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of any products.
Certain content that appears on this site comes from Amazon Services LLC. This content is provided 'AS IS' and is subject to change or removal at any time.
Tagged with: appetizer recipes • appetizers • appetizers and snacks • Chili pepper • Chili powder • Chili Tortilla Chips • chili tortilla chips recipe • chip recipes • chips • Recipes • snack recipes • snacks • Tortilla • Tortilla chip • tortilla chip recipes • tortilla chips
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!