Chili Kale Chips
- 1 bunch kale, washed
- 1 to 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper powder
- coarse salt to taste
- pinch of ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly brush one to two 13x9-inch rimmed pan with olive or canola oil. The number of pans would depend on the actual quantity of kale. Set aside.
- Pat dry kale leaves. Tear off green leafy parts from tough ribs and stems. Discard tough portion. Place torn leafy portions into a bowl and drizzle with 1 tablespoon olive oil. Toss lightly until coated, adding a little bit more at a time, as needed. You do not have to use up all of the olive oil, or else the chips will end up soggy. You also need to take into account the amount of oil brushed onto the pan. Sprinkle kale with cayenne pepper, salt and black pepper.
- Spread onto prepared pan in a single layer. Bake for 10 to 15 minutes or until dry and crispy. Rotate pan(s) halfway through the procedure, tossing the chips lightly to ensure that all surfaces are exposed. Transfer baked chips onto a wire rack lined with parchment paper. Allow chips to dry slightly before serving.
- If you are craving for something to much on, reach for a handful of kale chips rather than potato chips. The green color signifies more vitamins and minerals compared to potatoes. If you need lesser spice in the recipe, reduce cayenne pepper and replace with smoked paprika, if desired.
Bestselling Products on Amazon
The Mother Tongue: English and How it Got that Way
With dazzling wit and astonishing insight, Bill Bryson—the acclaimed author of The Lost Continent—brilliantly explores the remarkable history, eccentricities, resilience a... read more →
Prices are accurate as of December 3, 2016 10:20 pm. Product prices and available are subject to change. Any price and availablility information displayed on Amazon.com at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of any products.
Certain content that appears on this site comes from Amazon Services LLC. This content is provided 'AS IS' and is subject to change or removal at any time.
Tagged with: appetizer recipes • appetizers • appetizers and snacks • Chili Kale Chips • Chili Kale Chips Recipe • Chili pepper • chip recipes • chips • Kale Chip Recipes • Kale Chips • Olive oil • Recipes • snack recipes • snacks
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!