Chicken Pesto Bruschetta
- 1 teaspoon fresh garlic, chopped
- pinch of sea salt
- pinch of ground black pepper
- 2 cups fresh basil leaves, chopped (do not pack)
- 1 cup pine nuts, lightly toasted
- ½ cup Parmesan cheese, finely grated
- 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- few drops fresh lemon juice
- 1 pound chicken breast, cooked and shredded
- 2/3 cup mayonnaise
- ¼ cup sweet pickle relish, drained
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 large Cabernet Tomatoes, sliced into rounds
- 12 slices country bread, toasted
- Additional grated Parmesan cheese (for garnish)
- Combine together garlic, salt, pepper, basil leaves, pine nuts and half of the Parmesan cheese in a food processor. Pulse until reduced to a coarse meal. Add remaining Parmesan cheese and all of the olive oil. Pulse for another 30 seconds to combine. Drizzle with lemon juice and stir. Set aside for about 20 to 30 minutes to allow flavors to fuse in.
- Toss together shredded chicken breast, mayonnaise, sweet pickle relish, salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Place a slice of tomato on a slice of toast. Top with chicken mixture, followed by a teaspoon or two of pesto. If desired, sprinkle with additional grated Parmesan cheese. Serve right away.
- You may also omit the mayonnaise and relish. Slice cooked chicken breast into thin strips. Place over tomato slice and smother with pesto. Follow the rest of the recipe as per instructed.
Bestselling Products on Amazon
Prices are accurate as of October 20, 2016 7:46 pm. Product prices and available are subject to change. Any price and availablility information displayed on Amazon.com at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of any products.
Certain content that appears on this site comes from Amazon Services LLC. This content is provided 'AS IS' and is subject to change or removal at any time.
Tagged with: appetizer • appetizer recipes • appetizers • appetizers and snacks • bruschetta • bruschetta recipes • Chicken • Chicken Pesto Bruschetta • chicken pesto bruschetta recipe • Pesto • Poultry • Recipes • Snack • snack recipes • snacks
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!