Chewy Ginger Cookies
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 tablespoon ginger, ground
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon, ground
- 2/3 cup corn oil
- 1 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1 large egg
- 1/3 cup molasses
- raw sanding sugar or granulated white sugar (for rolling)
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Coat cookie sheet(s) with vegetable spray and line with baking or waxed paper. Set aside.
- Combine together flour, salt, baking soda, ginger and cinnamon. Sift together three times. Set aside.
- Set mixer speed to medium and beat together corn oil, light brown sugar, egg and molasses until thick and sugar is completely dissolved, about 8 to 10 minutes.
- Reduce speed to low and gradually beat in oil mixture into the sifted dry ingredients while scraping the bottom and sides of bowl as needed. Beat for another 2 to 3 minutes until fully incorporated.
- Form dough into 1-inch balls and roll in sanding sugar or granulated sugar. Arrange on prepared cookie sheet(s) and flatten slightly. Bake for 15 to 18 minutes or until cookies are slightly puffed and nicely browned.
- To ensure that cookies are evenly cooked, it is recommended to rotate cookie sheets halfway through the baking time. Allow cookies to cool for 3 to 5 minutes on the cookie sheet(s). Turn cookies out onto wire racks and allow to cool completely.
- If you need the cookies to be softer, decrease oven temperature to 310°F and bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until cookies are set on the edges but still very soft in the center.
- You may also reduce light brown sugar to ¾ cup and increase molasses to ½ cup for really soft cookies.
Bestselling Products on Amazon
The Mother Tongue: English and How it Got that Way
With dazzling wit and astonishing insight, Bill Bryson—the acclaimed author of The Lost Continent—brilliantly explores the remarkable history, eccentricities, resilience a... read more →
Prices are accurate as of December 3, 2016 10:20 pm. Product prices and available are subject to change. Any price and availablility information displayed on Amazon.com at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of any products.
Certain content that appears on this site comes from Amazon Services LLC. This content is provided 'AS IS' and is subject to change or removal at any time.
Tagged with: baking • Baking and Confections • Chewy Ginger Cookies • chewy ginger cookies recipe • Cookie • cookie recipes • cookies • Dessert • dessert recipes • Desserts • ginger cookie • ginger cookies • ginger cookies recipe • Recipes • Sugar
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!