Cherry Chocolate Ice Cream
If you love chocolate covered cherries, this then homemade ice cream recipe will be an immediate favorite!
- 1 cup maraschino cherries, without the cherry juice and diced
- 1 8oz container of Cool Whip or any frozen whipped topping
- ½ cup whole or 2% milk
- ½ cup heavy cream
- ½ cup maraschino cherry juice
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup chocolate chips or chunks (any type works well: semi-sweet, milk chocolate or dark chocolate)
- In a large mixing bowl, gently stir together the diced maraschino cherries and the whipped topping. Return to the refrigerator. In a medium saucepan over medium heat, combine the milk, heavy cream, cherry juice, granulated sugar and the vanilla extract.
- Stir continuously until sugar is dissolved; reduce heat to low and continue to simmer for 10 to 15 minutes. Remove from heat and place in the refrigerator for a minimum of 2 hours. Combine milk mixture and whipped topping by gently folding the milk mixture into the whipped topping slowly, in small increments, until completely incorporated.
- Pour into the center freezer section of your ice cream maker and follow your maker’s directions to complete ice cream. About five minutes before ice cream is complete, stir in the chocolate chips and complete the churning.
- For a less sweet cherry chocolate ice cream, substitute the maraschino cherries with frozen red or black cherries and increase the granulated sugar to 1 cup and omit the cherry juice.
Bestselling Products on Amazon
The Mother Tongue: English and How it Got that Way
With dazzling wit and astonishing insight, Bill Bryson—the acclaimed author of The Lost Continent—brilliantly explores the remarkable history, eccentricities, resilience a... read more →
Prices are accurate as of December 3, 2016 10:20 pm. Product prices and available are subject to change. Any price and availablility information displayed on Amazon.com at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of any products.
Certain content that appears on this site comes from Amazon Services LLC. This content is provided 'AS IS' and is subject to change or removal at any time.
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!