Cheese Omelette Recipe
- 6 large eggs, separated
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose cream
- ¼ teaspoon coarse salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- ¼ cup fresh chives, coarsely chopped
- ¼ cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 teaspoons unsalted butter
- Whisk together the egg yolks, cream, salt, pepper and ¾ of the chives and all of the cheese. Set aside.
- Beat egg whites until nearly stiff. Fold into beaten egg yolk mixture.
- Melt butter in a skillet over medium-high heat. Tip pan until bottom and sides are coated and reduce heat to medium. Pour all of the egg mixture into the pan, tipping the pan to allow liquid portions of egg mixture to spread evenly over the bottom of pan. Cook for 1 to 2 minutes and lift firmed edges with a spatula. Allow any remaining liquid to run down to the bottom of pan, while top remains moist. Fold over in half and slide onto a plate. Sprinkle with remaining chives. Serve immediately.
- Makes 2 to 4 servings.
- If desired, sprinkle more grated cheese over omelette just before serving. For a unique taste, add a few dashes of garlic powder to the egg yolk mixture before beating.
Bestselling Products on Amazon
Prices are accurate as of January 17, 2017 4:03 am. Product prices and available are subject to change. Any price and availablility information displayed on Amazon.com at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of any products.
Certain content that appears on this site comes from Amazon Services LLC. This content is provided 'AS IS' and is subject to change or removal at any time.
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!