- 16 slices French baguette, cut to about ¾-inch thick pieces
- ¼ cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, coarsely grated
- 1 cup ripe plum tomatoes, peeled, seeded and diced
- 2/3 cup cucumber, peeled, seeded and diced
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- ¼ teaspoon dried basil
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- pinch of salt and dried sage
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese, finely grated
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Brush both sides of each bread slice with melted butter. Bake for 5 minutes per side, or until crispy and lightly browned.
- While toasting the bread slices, toss together cheddar cheese, tomatoes, cucumber, mayonnaise, dried oregano, dried basil, black pepper, salt and dried sage. Spread over toasts and return to the oven for another 5 minutes or until cheese just starts to melt.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Serve while warm.
- You may also use other vegetables such as cauliflower, eggplant, mushroom, etc. If desired, use fresh herbs for a more flavorful topping.
Bestselling Products on Amazon
Prices are accurate as of October 25, 2016 8:10 pm. Product prices and available are subject to change. Any price and availablility information displayed on Amazon.com at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of any products.
Certain content that appears on this site comes from Amazon Services LLC. This content is provided 'AS IS' and is subject to change or removal at any time.
Tagged with: appetizer • appetizer and snacks • appetizer recipes • appetizers • bruschetta • bruschetta recipes • Cheddar Bruschetta • cheddar bruschetta recipe • Cheese • Recipes • Snack • snack recipes • snacks
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!