Caramel Popcorn Balls
- 12 cups popped popcorn
- 4 cups rice crispies
- 1-2/3 cups light brown sugar, packed
- 2/3 cup honey
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter
- 1-½ cups unsalted cashew nuts, toasted and coarsely chopped
- ½ teaspoon coarse salt
- Toss together popped corn and rice crispies in a very large bowl or heat-proof container. Set aside.
- Set a heavy-bottomed pot or pan over medium heat. Combine light brown sugar, honey, milk and butter. Cook while stirring constantly, until mixture boils. Allow to continue boiling, until candy thermometer registers 300°F, stirring every now and then to prevent mixture from sticking. Turn off heat and mix in cashews and salt. Pour over popcorn-crispies mixture and toss until everything is well-coated. Allow to cool slightly.
- With buttered hands, form coated popcorn into balls, about 2-1/2 to 3 inches in diameter. Place each ball on a cookie sheet lined with foil. Allow to cool until firm, reshaping the balls as they cool, if slightly out of shape.
- Serve immediate. Store any leftovers in airtight containers.
- For variety, dip each newly-shaped ball in melted chocolate and roll in your desired decoration. That can be colored decorative sugars, candy sprinkles, finely chopped nuts, etc. Stick a lollipop stick on one end of the ball, if desired.
Bestselling Products on Amazon
Prices are accurate as of October 22, 2016 7:56 pm. Product prices and available are subject to change. Any price and availablility information displayed on Amazon.com at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of any products.
Certain content that appears on this site comes from Amazon Services LLC. This content is provided 'AS IS' and is subject to change or removal at any time.
Tagged with: appetizer recipes • appetizers • appetizers and snacks • Caramel • Caramel Popcorn Balls • caramel popcorn balls recipe • Popcorn • popcorn balls • popcorn balls recipes • popcorn recipes • Recipes • snacks
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!