- 1-½ cups sugar
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- 1 tablespoon light corn syrup
- pinch of salt
- Line an 8x8x2-inch baking pan with 3 layers of foil. Brush foil with melted butter. Set aside.
- Place 1/3 of sugar in a heavy pan or skillet and set over medium heat. Allow to cook until browned. Add remaining sugar, cream, butter, syrup and salt. Cook until soft ball stage, about 235°F on a candy thermometer. Remove from heat and beat until thick and candy mixture begins to lose its gloss. Transfer to prepared pan and smoothen top using a buttered spoon or offset spatula. Allow to cool completely. Chill for at least 1 hour. Cut into squares before serving.
- You may also stir chopped caramel melts, nuts or dried fruit into candy before pouring into mold.
Bestselling Products on Amazon
Prices are accurate as of September 25, 2016 6:29 pm. Product prices and available are subject to change. Any price and availablility information displayed on Amazon.com at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of any products.
Certain content that appears on this site comes from Amazon Services LLC. This content is provided 'AS IS' and is subject to change or removal at any time.
Tagged with: baking • Baking and Confections • Candy • candy recipes • caramel candy • Caramel Fudge • caramel fudge recipe • Confectionery • Dessert • dessert recipes • Desserts • Fudge • fudge recipes • Recipes
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!