Capicola and Salami Canapes
- 1 pound crimini and oyster mushrooms (combined)
- ¼ cup white wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh sage, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme, finely chopped
- ¼ teaspoon fine salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 sourdough baguette, diagonally cut into ½-inch slices
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 12 thin slices capicola
- 12 thin slices salami
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- Wash mushrooms thoroughly and cut into small or bite-size pieces. Set aside.
- Whisk together white wine vinegar, lemon juice, olive oil, sage, thyme, salt and pepper. Pour over mushrooms and let stand at room temperature for 25 to 30 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Brush both sides of each baguette slice with mushroom marinade. Bake in a 400°F oven for 5 to 7 minutes or until crispy. Remove pan from oven. Allow to cool slightly. Spread one side of each toast with softened cream cheese. Cut each slice horizontally into two to three strips, depending on actual size of the bread slice.
- Cut each slice of capicola and salami into into ½ x ½ inch squares. Place capicola and salami pieces over cream cheese layer.
- Drain mushrooms. (You may reserve remaining marinade for other uses.) Top each canapé with 1 to 2 tablespoons marinated mushrooms. If desired, drizzle with some of the marinade. Serve immediately.
- Mushrooms can be marinated a day ahead. If desired, spoon a little of the marinade in a saucepan and sauté mushrooms for 3 to 5 minute on high heat before spooning over each canapé.
Bestselling Products on Amazon
Prices are accurate as of December 7, 2016 10:41 pm. Product prices and available are subject to change. Any price and availablility information displayed on Amazon.com at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of any products.
Certain content that appears on this site comes from Amazon Services LLC. This content is provided 'AS IS' and is subject to change or removal at any time.
Tagged with: appetizer • appetizer recipes • appetizers • appetizers and snacks • canape • canape recipes • canapes • capicola • Capicola and Salami Canapes • Capicola and Salami Canapes Recipe • Recipes • salami • Snack • snack recipes • snacks
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!