Butter Pecan Cookies
- ¾ cup unsalted butter, softened
- ½ cup granulated white sugar
- 3 tablespoons light brown sugar, packed
- 1 large egg, separated
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon butter extract
- 1/8 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1-½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup pecans, toasted and chopped
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cream butter until smooth and creamy. Add white and light brown sugars. Beat until light and fluffy. Beat in egg yolk. Add vanilla and butter extracts. Beat until well incorporated. Combine together salt and flour. Gradually add to butter mixture until just incorporated. Stir in chopped pecans.
- Form dough into a log, about 1 inch in diameter. Slice dough about ¼-inch thick. Arrange on ungreased cookie sheets, about 2 inches apart. Brush with beaten egg white.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until golden. Rotate the pan halfway through the procedure to ensure even baking. Cool cookies in sheets for 1 to 2 minutes, then transfer onto wire racks to cool completely.
- You can choose to use the whole egg for cookie dough and sprinkle dough tops with sugar or crushed chocolate-coated pretzels for variety.
Bestselling Products on Amazon
Prices are accurate as of October 24, 2016 8:08 pm. Product prices and available are subject to change. Any price and availablility information displayed on Amazon.com at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of any products.
Certain content that appears on this site comes from Amazon Services LLC. This content is provided 'AS IS' and is subject to change or removal at any time.
Tagged with: baking • Baking and Confections • butter pecan cookie recipe • Butter Pecan Cookies • Cookie • cookie recipes • Cooking • Dessert • dessert recipes • Desserts • Holiday Cookies • Pecan • pecan cookie recipe • pecan cookies • pecan desserts • pecan recipes • Recipes
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!