Butter Pecan Cookies
- ½ cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/3 cup granulated white sugar
- ½ cup light brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup + 2 tablespoons cups all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- pinch of coarse salt
- ¾ cup pecans, lightly toasted and chopped
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Prepare cookie sheets, but leave them ungreased. Set aside.
- Cream butter on medium speed until smooth. Add white and light brown sugars. Continue beating for another 3 to 5 minutes until well-blended and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla. Beat for another 2 minutes to full incorporate the ingredients.
- Sift together flour, baking soda, nutmeg and salt. Beat into the butter mixture in two to three additions, until just incorporated. Do not over mix. Remove bowl from mixer and fold in pecans until evenly distributed.
- Use a lightly buttered teaspoon to scoop out batter and drop onto ungreased cookie sheets. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until edges are firm and centers are still quite soft. Cool cookies on sheets for 3 to 5 minutes, then transfer on wire racks to cool completely. Store cookies in an airtight container to retain crispiness.
- These cookies are crispy on the edges and slightly chewy in the centers. If you prefer crunchy cookies all throughout, bake up to 12 minutes, however, keep an eye on the cookies as they tend to brown faster after 8 minutes. If you prefer to bake cookies until crunchy, you can loosely cover the cookie sheet with foil after 6 minutes to prevent cookies from browning too much.
Bestselling Products on Amazon
Prices are accurate as of September 30, 2016 6:40 pm. Product prices and available are subject to change. Any price and availablility information displayed on Amazon.com at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of any products.
Certain content that appears on this site comes from Amazon Services LLC. This content is provided 'AS IS' and is subject to change or removal at any time.
Tagged with: Baking and Confections • Butter • butter pecan cookie recipe • Butter Pecan Cookies • Cookie • Holiday Cookies • Pecan • pecan cookie recipe • pecan cookies • pecan desserts • pecan recipes
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!