Butter Cookies Recipe
- 2/3 cup butter
- 2/3 cup granulated white sugar
- 1 medium-sized egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon butter extract
- 1-¾ cups all-purpose flour
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Demerara sugar (for sprinkling)
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Chill cookie sheets.
- Cream together butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add egg, beating well to combine. Beat in vanilla and butter extracts.
- Combine together flour, baking soda and salt. Gradually add to butter mixture, folding until just incorporated. Form dough into a log . Wrap in plastic and chill for at least 1 hour. This would make the dough flakier.
- Remove dough from refrigerator. Peel off plastic. Slice dough log into ½-inch circles. Arrange on chilled sheets, about 2 inches apart. Sprinkle dough tops with demerara sugar. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until lightly golden and crispy around the edges.
- Allow to cool for 1 to 2 minutes on cookie sheets. Transfer to wire racks and allow to cool completely.
- You may use spritz molds to shape cookies, or roll out dough before wrapping in plastic, and cut with cookie cutters of your preferred shapes and sizes. You can also omit the demerara topping and frost cookies as desired.
Bestselling Products on Amazon
Prices are accurate as of January 17, 2017 4:03 am. Product prices and available are subject to change. Any price and availablility information displayed on Amazon.com at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of any products.
Certain content that appears on this site comes from Amazon Services LLC. This content is provided 'AS IS' and is subject to change or removal at any time.
Tagged with: baking • Baking and Confections • butter cookie • butter cookie recipe • butter cookie recipes • butter cookies • Butter Cookies Recipe • Cook • Cookie • cookie recipes • cookies • Dessert • dessert recipes • Desserts • Holiday Cookies • Recipes
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!