Brownie Cheesecake Recipe
- ½ cup + 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, diced and softened
- 6 ounces bittersweet chocolate chips
- 1-¼ cup light brown sugar, packed
- 3 large eggs
- ¼ cup whole milk
- 2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- 1-¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) + 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- ¾ cup granulated white sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- ½ cup + 3 tablespoons low-fat Greek yogurt
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Cut baking or parchment paper to fit the bottom of a 10-inch springform pan. Fit paper liner onto the bottom of pan and brush with additional softened butter. Butter sides of pan as well. Set aside.
- Combine together butter and bittersweet chocolate chips in a saucepan. Set pan over low heat and stir with a rubber spatula or wooden spoon until completely melted and smooth. Remove from heat. Beat in light brown sugar on medium speed until creamy and free of lumps. Stir using a spatula until slightly cool, about 5 to 7 minutes.
- Break eggs one by one into the butter-chocolate mixture. Beat for 1 minute on medium speed, after adding each egg, to prevent them from getting curdled from the chocolates heat. Beat in milk and cream. Fold in flour in three to four additions.
- Spoon brownie batter into prepared pan. Spread evenly and smoothen top. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or just until batter begins to set. Remove pan from oven and set aside.
- Lower oven temperature to 325°F.
- Beat cream cheese until smooth and creamy. Beat in white sugar until mixture becomes light and fluffy. Break in eggs one at a time, beating for an additional 30 to 45 seconds after adding each. Beat in vanilla and almond extract. Beat in yogurt for another 2 to 3 minutes, or until all ingredients are fully incorporated.
- Carefully pour cream cheese mixture over brownie layer, smoothening the top. Bake for another 50 to 60 minutes or until tester inserted comes out clean and edges are lightly golden. The center may still be a bit wiggly.
- Remove pan from oven and allow cake to rest for 5 to 10 minutes. Run a thin knife around the sides to loosen. Allow to cool for another 1 to 2 hours, then chill for at least 6 hours, or overnight, before serving.
- To serve, remove sides of pan. Carefully slice cheesecake onto a serving plate, removing the baking paper liner, if possible. Cut into wedges before serving.
- Makes 10 to 12 servings.
- If desired, add chopped nuts into the brownie bottom layer for added texture.
- Drizzle top of each slice of cheesecake with melted chocolate or chocolate sauce and sprinkle with more chopped nuts, if preferred.
Bestselling Products on Amazon
Death in Holy Orders (Adam Dalgliesh Mysteries Book 11)
From the award-winning master of literary crime fiction, a classic work rich in tense drama and psychological insight.On the East Anglian seacoast, a small theological college... read more →
Prices are accurate as of January 18, 2017 4:04 am. Product prices and available are subject to change. Any price and availablility information displayed on Amazon.com at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of any products.
Certain content that appears on this site comes from Amazon Services LLC. This content is provided 'AS IS' and is subject to change or removal at any time.
Tagged with: Baking and Confections • Brownie Cheesecake • Brownie Cheesecake Recipe • Cake • Cheesecake • cheesecake recipes • cheesecakes • Chocolate • Chocolate brownie • chocolate cheesecake • chocolate cheesecake recipes • chocolate cheesecakes • chocolate dessert recipes • chocolate desserts • chocolate recipes • Dessert • dessert recipes • Desserts • Recipes
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!