Brown Sugar Fudge
- 1-¼ cups (about 1 can) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup dark brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 cup light brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 cup unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- Line an 8x8x2-inch pan with two layers of foil, allowing a portion to hang over pan rims. Coat foil with cooking spray or brush with melted butter. Set aside.
- Combine together condensed milk and sugars in a heavy-bottom pan. Cook over medium heat, stirring lightly. Continue cooking until mixture reaches 235°F, or soft ball stage. Remove from heat and stir in butter, one to two pieces at a time.
- Beat until smooth. Transfer into prepared pan and smoothen top, using a buttered spoon. Allow to cool for 15 to 20 minutes. Score top with a knife. Allow to cool completely. Chill, if desired.
- Use foil overhang to lift fudge out of the pan. Cut into squares, going through the score marks made when fudge is still warm. Store any leftover in an airtight container.
- You can add chopped nuts or chocolate chips, raisins and the like to fudge before beating. Or, you can sprinkle top with nuts right after transferring to pan.
Bestselling Products on Amazon
Prices are accurate as of January 23, 2017 4:22 am. Product prices and available are subject to change. Any price and availablility information displayed on Amazon.com at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of any products.
Certain content that appears on this site comes from Amazon Services LLC. This content is provided 'AS IS' and is subject to change or removal at any time.
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!