- 1 loaf French baguette, sliced into 12 pieces
- 6 large eggs
- Pinch of salt
- 1 tablespoon milk
- ½ cup seedless orange preserves
- 1/8 teaspoon fresh ginger, scraped and finely chopped
- ½ cup fresh or canned peaches, drained and chopped
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 large ripe banana, sliced into thin rounds
- 2/3 cup unsweetened coconut flakes, toasted
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly coat a cookie sheet with vegetable spray. Arrange bread slices in a single layer and bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until crispy and lightly browned. Turn off oven, but leave cookie sheet with bread slices inside to keep warm.
- Beat eggs with a pinch of salt and cook in a non-stick pan, spreading the egg as thinly as possible on the pan. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Toss together milk, orange preserves, ginger and peaches. Set aside.
- Remove toasts from oven and spread with softened cream cheese. Slice scrambled egg into 12 portions and place a portion over each toast. Top with peach mixture and a slice or two of the banana. Sprinkle with toasted coconut and serve right away.
- You can replace orange with any preserve or jam or your choice. Peaches may also be replaced with avocado for that extra fiber or any other fresh fruit in season. Berries may also be used.
- If you prefer not to have eggs on this recipe, use grated sharp cheddar cheese instead.
Bestselling Products on Amazon
Prices are accurate as of September 24, 2016 6:29 pm. Product prices and available are subject to change. Any price and availablility information displayed on Amazon.com at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of any products.
Certain content that appears on this site comes from Amazon Services LLC. This content is provided 'AS IS' and is subject to change or removal at any time.
Tagged with: appetizer • appetizer recipes • appetizers • appetizers and snacks • breakfast • Breakfast Bruschetta • breakfast bruschetta recipe • bruschetta • bruschetta recipes • Recipes • Snack • snack recipes • snacks
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!