- 2 pounds fresh or frozen cod fillets
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- ½ cup flour, seasoned with salt and pepper to taste
- 2 large eggs, beaten with
- 2 teaspoons water
- ½ cup bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 3 tablespoons parmesan cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Coat a rectangular wire rack with cooking spray and set over a rimmed cookie sheet. Set aside.
- If using frozen cod fillets, thaw them first in the refrigerator for at least an hour before using. Wash fillets under running water and pat dry with paper towels. Drizzle with lemon juice and set aside for about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Once cod fillets are ready, drain of any excess liquid. Dredge in seasoned flour, dip in egg/water mixture. Roll in bread crumbs mixed with garlic powder and cheese until well-coated. Set aside coated fillets for 2 to 3 minutes until a doughy crust forms.
- Arrange coated fillets over sprayed wire rack. Bake for 10 to 15 minutes or until opaque and juices run clear. Serve hot.
- Makes 2 to 4 servings.
- For a crispy breaded fillet, turn on the oven’s broiler at the last few minutes. Serve with tartar sauce or any dipping sauce of your choice. This dish is best served cold with a side of salad greens or hot with a bowl of vegetable soup.
- If desired, you may also choose to deep-fry coated fillets in hot canola oil and drain on paper towels before serving.
Bestselling Products on Amazon
Prices are accurate as of September 24, 2016 6:29 pm. Product prices and available are subject to change. Any price and availablility information displayed on Amazon.com at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of any products.
Certain content that appears on this site comes from Amazon Services LLC. This content is provided 'AS IS' and is subject to change or removal at any time.
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!