Blueberry Pound Cake
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese
- 1-¾ cups granulated white sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon orange zest, finely grated
- ¼ cup brandy + plus extra for brushing
- 1-½ cups blueberries (thaw and drain well, if using frozen berries)
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Butter a 9-cup Bundt or tube pan with and dust with flour. Tap out any excess.
- Sift together flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- Cream together butter and cream cheese on medium speed for 5 to 8 minutes or until smooth. Gradually beat in sugar, for another 5 minutes or until mixture is light and fluffy. Beat in eggs one by one. Beat for 45 to 60 seconds after adding each egg. Beat in vanilla extract and orange zest.
- Reduce speed to low. Alternately beat in flour mixture with brandy, beginning and ending with the dry ingredients. Batter would be very thick and heavy. Fold in blueberries.
- Pour batter into prepared pan, tapping the pan on a hard surface to pack. Bake on the middle rack for 50 to 60 minutes. Remove pan from oven and loosely cover with foil to prevent the top of cake from browning too much. Return to oven and continue baking for another 10 to 15 minutes or until tester inserted comes out clean.
- Allow cake to cool in pan for 10 minutes. Run a thin knife along the edges of pan and turn cake out onto wire rack. Allow to cool to room temperature. Cut cake into wedges before serving.
- Serve cake slices with ice cream or generously drizzle with hot fudge sauce and fresh blueberries or chopped nuts.
- For a dainty blueberry trifle, tear up any cake leftover and place a layer on the bottom of a glass salad bowl or trifle bowl. Top with your favorite pudding recipe. Scatter fresh blueberries over pudding. Repeat layers, ending with fresh blueberries on top. Pipe whipped cream over trifle and chill thoroughly before serving.
Bestselling Products on Amazon
Prices are accurate as of September 29, 2016 6:39 pm. Product prices and available are subject to change. Any price and availablility information displayed on Amazon.com at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of any products.
Certain content that appears on this site comes from Amazon Services LLC. This content is provided 'AS IS' and is subject to change or removal at any time.
Tagged with: baking • Baking and Confections • blueberries • blueberry • Blueberry Pound Cake • blueberry pound cake recipe • Cake • cake recipes • Cakes • Dessert • dessert recipes • Desserts • Pound cake • pound cake recipes • pound cakes • Recipes
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!