Blueberry Ice Cream
A delicious ice cream packed with fresh blueberry flavor for the perfect summer treat!
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 cups fresh blueberries, rinsed
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup whole milk
- Pinch of salt
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a medium saucepan over medium-low heat, combine the water, blueberries and sugar; stirring to coat. Cover with a lid and allow to cook slowly, stirring frequently, until the blueberries have softened and are releasing their juices.
- Remove from heat, leave the lid on and allow the berry mixture to slowly come down to room temperature. In a separate saucepan over medium heat, combine heavy cream, milk, salt and vanilla extract.
- Allow the cream to cook, stirring often, until the edges begin to form small bubbles. Remove from heat and slowly stir in the blueberry mixture.
- Cover with a lid and allow the flavors to seep in for about ten minutes.
- Chill in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours; for a firmer texture, refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
- When chilled, pour mixture into your ice cream maker and follow its instructions to complete recipe.
- Frozen blueberries can be substituted for fresh berries. Allow the frozen berries to completely defrost and omit the step of cooking the berries. Complete the recipe as instructed above.
Bestselling Products on Amazon
Prices are accurate as of December 7, 2016 10:41 pm. Product prices and available are subject to change. Any price and availablility information displayed on Amazon.com at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of any products.
Certain content that appears on this site comes from Amazon Services LLC. This content is provided 'AS IS' and is subject to change or removal at any time.
Tagged with: Baking and Confections • Blueberry Ice Cream • Blueberry Ice Cream Recipe • Dairy • Dessert • dessert recipes • Frozen • frozen dessert • frozen dessert recipes • ice cream • ice cream recipes • Recipes
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!