Blueberry Cheesecake Recipe
- 2 cups gingersnap cookie crumbs
- ¼ cup white granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 3 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- ¾ cup granulated white sugar
- 4 large eggs
- ½ cup all-purpose cream
- 1 tablespoon orange zest, finely grated
- ½ cup fresh orange juice
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon cherry liqueur
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 cups fresh ripe blueberries
- 1 cup blueberry preserves
- 3 tablespoons granulated white sugar
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch, dissolved in
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- ½ cup confectioners' sugar
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Brush a 10-inch springform pan with melted butter.
- Combine together gingersnap crumbs, granulated sugar and melted butter. Mix well and press onto the bottom and about 1 inch up the sides of prepared pan. Chill until filling is ready.
- Beat cream cheese over low speed using paddle attachment. Increase speed to medium and beat in sugar. Continue beating for 3 to 5 minutes, or until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs one by one, beating well after each addition. Add cream, orange zest, orange juice, flour, vanilla, cherry liqueur and salt. Continue mixing until well incorporated. Fold in fresh blueberries.
- Pour into prepared crust and bake at 450°F for 10 to 15 minutes. Reduce temperature to 225°F. Bake for another 60 to 65 minutes or until center is nearly set but still moist. Turn oven off and leave cheesecake inside for 40 to 45 minutes, with oven door partially open. Remove pan from oven and run a thin knife around the sides of cake to loosen. Allow to cool on a wire rack until it reaches room temperature.
- Chill cheesecake for 6 to 8 hours, or overnight.
- Combine blueberry preserve and sugar in a pan. Cook over low heat until warmed through and sugar is completely melted, stirring constantly. Add dissolved cornstarch and orange juice. Continue stirring until thickened. Remove from heat and allow to cool completely.
- Remove pan sides and spoon Blueberry Topping over cheesecake. Sift confectioners' sugar over entire cake. Cut into wedges before serving.
- If fresh blueberries are not available, you may also use frozen blueberries instead. Thaw frozen berries and drain well. Pat dry with paper towels to reduce moisture as much as possible.
Bestselling Products on Amazon
The Mother Tongue: English and How it Got that Way
With dazzling wit and astonishing insight, Bill Bryson—the acclaimed author of The Lost Continent—brilliantly explores the remarkable history, eccentricities, resilience a... read more →
Prices are accurate as of December 3, 2016 10:20 pm. Product prices and available are subject to change. Any price and availablility information displayed on Amazon.com at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of any products.
Certain content that appears on this site comes from Amazon Services LLC. This content is provided 'AS IS' and is subject to change or removal at any time.
Tagged with: baking • Baking and Confections • blueberry • blueberry cheesecake • Blueberry Cheesecake Recipe • blueberry cheesecakes • blueberry desserts • blueberry recipes • Cheesecake • cheesecake recipes • cheesecakes • Cooking • Dessert • dessert recipes • Desserts • Recipes
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!