Blueberry Banana Smoothie
- 3 cups fresh blueberries
- ¼ cup granulated white sugar
- 2 large bananas, sliced
- 2 tablespoons vodka
- ¾ cup fresh milk, well-chilled
- ¼ cup apple cider or lemon juice
- 2 cups crushed ice, loosely packed
- Place blueberries in a shallow dish. Sprinkle with granulated sugar. Cover and set aside for at least 1 hour. You can refrigerate berries during this time, if desired.
- Pulse together bananas and vodka until pureed. Add half of the masticated blueberries, all of the milk and apple cider. Pulse for another 1 to 2 minutes until smooth. Add crushed ice and pulse for another 2 minutes or until desired smoothie consistency is achieved.
- Mash remaining blueberries with a fork until berries are broken.
- Divide smoothie between two glasses. Spoon mashed blueberries over each glass and serve right away.
- If you prefer an alcohol-free smoothie, omit vodka and increase apple cider to 1/3 cup.
Bestselling Products on Amazon
Prices are accurate as of October 23, 2016 8:04 pm. Product prices and available are subject to change. Any price and availablility information displayed on Amazon.com at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of any products.
Certain content that appears on this site comes from Amazon Services LLC. This content is provided 'AS IS' and is subject to change or removal at any time.
Tagged with: banana • banana smoothie recipes • banana smoothies • beverage recipes • Beverages • blueberry • Blueberry Banana Smoothie • Blueberry Banana Smoothie Recipe • drink recipes • drinks • fruit • Recipe • Recipes • smoothie • smoothie recipes • smoothies
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!