Blackberry Ice Cream
- 2 cups frozen blackberries, completed defrosted
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 8oz can evaporated milk
- 2 cups heavy cream
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- In a large mixing bowl, use a potato masher or a fork to smash the blackberries until they are a thick jelly type texture.
- Pour in the granulated sugar and mash them together until thoroughly combined. Pour the evaporated milk into the blackberry mash and mix well. Over medium heat, combine the heavy cream and vanilla and cook until soft bubbles begin to form around the edges. Reduce heat to low and stir in the blackberry mixture.
- Cover with a lid and cook for about twenty minutes, stirring very frequently to avoid sticking.
- Remove from heat and allow it to sit until it slowly comes down to room temperature.
- Chill in the refrigerator at least four hours; for a firmer ice cream, allow it to chill overnight.
- Once chilled, pour into your ice cream maker’s freezer compartment and churn the ice cream as normally directed.
- Fresh blackberries can be substituted for frozen berries.
- Before beginning the mashing process, add 1 tablespoon of water and the fresh blackberries to a saucepan and cook over medium-low heat, stirring constantly.
- When the blackberries begin to pop and release their juices, remove from heat and cover with a lid. Allow them to sit covered until they have completely cooled down to room temperature.
- Complete the rest of the recipe as indicated above.
Bestselling Products on Amazon
Prices are accurate as of September 26, 2016 6:31 pm. Product prices and available are subject to change. Any price and availablility information displayed on Amazon.com at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of any products.
Certain content that appears on this site comes from Amazon Services LLC. This content is provided 'AS IS' and is subject to change or removal at any time.
Tagged with: Baking and Confections • Blackberry Ice Cream • Blackberry Ice Cream Recipe • Dessert • dessert recipes • Frozen • frozen dessert • frozen dessert recipe • ice cream • ice cream recipes • Recipes
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!