Black Raspberry Ice Cream
This Black Raspberry Ice Cream uses fresh raspberries to create a flavor packed ice cream with a subtle hint of a vanilla flavor in the background.
- 3 cups fresh black raspberries, rinsed clean
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 ½ cups heavy cream
- 1 cup half and half
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup whole or 2% milk
- 1 vanilla bean, cut in half and seeds scraped free
- In a saucepan over medium heat, add raspberries, stirring often; cook until raspberries soften and their juices begin to release. Stir in ½ cup granulated sugar and reduce heat to low. Cover with a lid and allow berries to continue to simmer for ten minutes; remove from heat.
- In a separate sauce pan over medium heat, combine heavy cream, half and half, ½ cup granulated sugar and both the loosened vanilla seeds and the vanilla bean shells. Stir constantly until sugar is dissolved. Once sugar is dissolved, strain the mixture to remove the vanilla shells.
- Stir in the cooked, sweetened raspberries’ and return to heat, stirring continuously so it doesn’t stick to the pan, for an additional ten minutes.
- Remove from heat and place in the refrigerator for a minimum of two hours. Pour the raspberry ice cream into the ice cream freezer and follow the directions for your ice cream maker to complete the recipe.
- In black raspberries are out of season, you can substitute one package of frozen black raspberries for the fresh black raspberries. As another alternate substitute, add 1 teaspoon black raspberry extract and 3 cups of fresh or frozen red raspberries, which are easier to find year round, for the black raspberries.
Bestselling Products on Amazon
The Mother Tongue: English and How it Got that Way
With dazzling wit and astonishing insight, Bill Bryson—the acclaimed author of The Lost Continent—brilliantly explores the remarkable history, eccentricities, resilience a... read more →
Prices are accurate as of December 3, 2016 10:20 pm. Product prices and available are subject to change. Any price and availablility information displayed on Amazon.com at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of any products.
Certain content that appears on this site comes from Amazon Services LLC. This content is provided 'AS IS' and is subject to change or removal at any time.
Tagged with: Baking and Confections • Black Raspberry Ice Cream • Black Raspberry Ice Cream Recipe • Dairy • Dessert • dessert recipes • Desserts • Frozen • homemade ice cream • ice cream • ice cream recipes • Recipes
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!