Black Forest Cheesecake
- 2-½ cups chocolate wafer crumbs
- ¼ cup dark brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 3 teaspoons unflavored gelatin
- ½ cup boiling water
- 3 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup granulated white sugar
- 1 container (10 ounces) mascarpone cheese
- 2 tablespoons kirsch
- 1-¼ cups heavy whipping cream
- 1-½ cups pitted black cherries, divided (drain well, if using canned or bottled cherries, and reserve syrup)
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- reserved cherry syrup
- 1 tablespoon granulated white sugar
- 1 tablespoon Cointreau
- Brush a 9-inch springform pan with melted butter and set aside.
- Combine together chocolate wafer crumbs, sugar and melted butter. Mix well. Press onto the bottom and about 1 inch up the sides of prepared pan. Chill until filling is ready.
- Sprinkle gelatin over boiling water and stir until dissolved. Set aside.
- Adjust mixer speed to low and use paddle attachment. Beat cream cheese until smooth and creamy. Increase speed to medium-high and add sugar, continuously beating until light and fluffy. Reduce speed to medium and beat in mascarpone until smooth. Beat in kirsch until well incorporated.
- Whip cream until stiff. Fold into cream cheese mixture.
- Drain cherries well. Pat dry with paper towels to remove any excess liquid. Reserve cherry syrup.
- Fold half of drained cherries into cream cheese mixture and pour into chilled crust. Smoothen top and chill until just about to set, about 1 hour or so.
- Combine together cornstarch, reserved cherry syrup and sugar in a pan over medium heat. Stir until thickened. Remove from heat and stir in Cointreau. Allow to cool for 10 to 15 minutes, to keep the topping from melting the chilled cake. Spoon topping over cheesecake and decorate with reserved cherries. Chill cheesecake for 6 hours or overnight.
- You may also want to press chocolate curls on the sides of cake, and decorate top with whipped cream rosettes and fresh cherries with stems.
Bestselling Products on Amazon
Prices are accurate as of September 29, 2016 6:39 pm. Product prices and available are subject to change. Any price and availablility information displayed on Amazon.com at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of any products.
Certain content that appears on this site comes from Amazon Services LLC. This content is provided 'AS IS' and is subject to change or removal at any time.
Tagged with: baking • Baking and Confections • Black Forest • Black Forest Cheesecake • black forest cheesecake recipe • black forest desserts • black forest recipes • Cake • Cheesecake • cheesecake recipes • cheesecakes • Cook • Dessert • dessert recipes • Desserts • Recipes
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!