Black Bean Dip
- 3 cans (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- ¾ cup red onion, chopped
- 2/3 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1 tablespoon garlic, crushed
- 1 tablespoon jalapeño, seeded and sliced
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon coriander seeds
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper powder
- ¼ teaspoon dried marjoram
- 3 tablespoons Parmesan cheese, grated (optional)
- Combine together black beans, onion, cilantro, garlic, jalapeño, lemon juice, salt and spices in a food processor. Pulse until mixture resembles a smooth puree.
- Spoon dip in a bowl and sprinkle if Parmesa cheese on top (if using). Set bowl in a serving platter. Arrange vegetable sticks, tortilla chips and/or crackers around dip bowl. Serve.
- This recipe is great as appetizer or snack. If you prefer a less spicy version, omit coriander, cayenne powder and marjoram. Replace with 1 to 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning ground into a powder (using a food processor).
Bestselling Products on Amazon
Prices are accurate as of January 23, 2017 4:22 am. Product prices and available are subject to change. Any price and availablility information displayed on Amazon.com at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of any products.
Certain content that appears on this site comes from Amazon Services LLC. This content is provided 'AS IS' and is subject to change or removal at any time.
Tagged with: appetizer • appetizer recipes • appetizers • appetizers and snacks • bean • Black Bean Dip • black bean dip recipe • black bean recipes • black beans • dip • dip recipes • dips • Fruit and Vegetable • Recipes • Snack • snack recipes • snacks
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!