Big Soft Ginger Cookies
- 1-½ cups unsalted butter, softened
- 2 cups light brown sugar, loosely packed
- 1 tablespoon ginger powder or crystals
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 large eggs
- 1/3 cup honey
- 4-¼ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ cup golden raisins, chopped
- ½ cup granulated white sugar (for rolling)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Beat together butter and light brown sugar over medium speed until color is pale and texture is fluffy. Combine together ginger powder, baking soda, cinnamon, cloves and nutmeg. Sprinkle over butter-sugar mixture and beat until well-blended.
- Beat eggs and honey in a separate bowl until eggs are thick and pale-colored. Add to butter mixture while beating over medium-low speed. Reduce speed further to low and beat in ½ to 2/3 of the flour, or until dough is too stiff to beat. Fold in the remaining flour and all of the raisins into butter mixture.
- Form pieces of dough into 2-inch balls and roll in granulated white sugar. Arrange dough balls on ungreased cookie sheets and flatten slightly with the heel of your hand or using the tines of a fork dipped in sugar.
- Bake cookies for 8 to 10 minutes or until edges are lightly browned and centers are still soft. Do not over bake. Allow cookies to cool on sheets for 2 to 3 minutes, then turn out on wire racks until completely cooled.
- If you prefer crunchy cookies, bake cookies from 10 to 12 minutes or until centers are no longer pliable.
- Allow cookies to cool completely before storing in airtight glass jars or containers.
Bestselling Products on Amazon
Prices are accurate as of December 10, 2016 1:02 am. Product prices and available are subject to change. Any price and availablility information displayed on Amazon.com at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of any products.
Certain content that appears on this site comes from Amazon Services LLC. This content is provided 'AS IS' and is subject to change or removal at any time.
Tagged with: baking • Baking and Confections • big soft ginger cookie recipe • Big Soft Ginger Cookies • Cookie • cookie recipes • cookies • Dessert • dessert recipes • Desserts • ginger cookie recipes • ginger cookies • Recipes
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!