Best Pound Cake
- 1-¼ cups unsalted butter, softened
- 2/3 cup solid shortening
- 3 cups granulated white sugar
- 6 large eggs, room temperature
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup nuts, lightly toasted and chopped
- Preheat oven to 300°F. Generously butter a 10-inch (14 to 16-cup) tube pan. Dust with flour and tap out any excess.
- Cream butter and shortening on medium speed for 5 to 7 minutes or until really creamy and pale. Gradually beat in sugar until light and fluffy, for another 4 to 5 minutes. Break eggs into mixture one at a time. Beat well after each addition, until eggs are pale and mixture is very thick.
- Adjust speed to low and beat in flour alternately with buttermilk. Begin and end with flour, beating until just incorporated and free of lumps. Beat in almond and vanilla extracts. Fold in chopped nuts.
- Pour batter into prepared pan. Bake for 1 hour and 40 to 1 hours and 50 minutes or until tester inserted through the thickest part of cake comes out clean.
- Cool cake in pan for 10 to 15 minutes. Run a thin knife around the sides of cake to loosen. Turn out onto a wire rack until cake is completely cooled. Cut cake into wedges before serving.
- Spoon your favorite cake sauce over each slice of cake and serve with fruit or berries.
- Alternatively, arrange a slice or two of cake on plate, top with a heaping scoop of ice cream. Drizzle with hot fudge sauce and sprinkle with chopped nuts, mini marshmallows and mini chocolate chips.
Bestselling Products on Amazon
The Mother Tongue: English and How it Got that Way
With dazzling wit and astonishing insight, Bill Bryson—the acclaimed author of The Lost Continent—brilliantly explores the remarkable history, eccentricities, resilience a... read more →
Prices are accurate as of December 3, 2016 10:20 pm. Product prices and available are subject to change. Any price and availablility information displayed on Amazon.com at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of any products.
Certain content that appears on this site comes from Amazon Services LLC. This content is provided 'AS IS' and is subject to change or removal at any time.
Tagged with: baking • Baking and Confections • Best Pound Cake • best pound cake recipe • Cake • cake recipes • Cakes • Dessert • dessert recipes • Desserts • Pound cake • pound cake recipes • pound cakes
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!