Best Banana Cake
- 1-2/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup cake flour
- 2-1/3 cups granulated white sugar
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 1-¼ teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- 3 large over ripe bananas, diced
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 3 large eggs, beaten
- ½ cup half and half
- ½ cup corn oil
- ¼ cup peanut oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon banana essence
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly brush a 13x9x2-inch pan with vegetable oil and line with baking paper. Set aside.
- Sift together flours, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- Place bananas in a food processor and add lemon juice. Pulse for 30 seconds or until just combined. Do not puree bananas. Transfer into a large mixer bowl. Beat in eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Combine corn oil and peanut oil. Gradually add to banana-egg mixture followed by vanilla and banana essence. Remove from mixer. Diving sifted dry ingredients into three equal portions and fold into banana mixture until just combined.
- Pour batter into prepared pan. Bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until tester inserted comes out clean. Allow cake to cool in pan for 10 minutes. Turn out onto a wire rack and peel off paper. Allow to cool completely. Chill cake, if desired. Slice before serving.
- To make banana cake lamingtons, cut cake into bars. Carefully split horizontally into two. Spread with whipped cream or softened ice cream. Cover with other half. Spread the entire cake sandwich thinly with whipped cream and roll into coconut flakes until completely covered. Chill until firm, about 8 hours or overnight. Seat each lamington in decorative muffin paper and serve.
Bestselling Products on Amazon
Death in Holy Orders (Adam Dalgliesh Mysteries Book 11)
From the award-winning master of literary crime fiction, a classic work rich in tense drama and psychological insight.On the East Anglian seacoast, a small theological college... read more →
Prices are accurate as of January 18, 2017 4:04 am. Product prices and available are subject to change. Any price and availablility information displayed on Amazon.com at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of any products.
Certain content that appears on this site comes from Amazon Services LLC. This content is provided 'AS IS' and is subject to change or removal at any time.
Tagged with: baking • Baking and Confections • banana • banana cake recipes • banana cakes • banana dessert recipes • banana recipes • Best Banana Cake • best banana cake recipe • Cake • cake recipes • Cakes • Dessert • dessert recipes • Desserts • Recipes
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!