- 1-½ cups vanilla wafer cookie crumbs
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar, packed
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 4 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1-½ cups granulated white sugar
- 5 large eggs
- ¼ cup sour cream
- 3 tablespoons kirsch or cherry liqueur
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest, finely grated
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup red currant jelly
- 1 cup fresh strawberries, thinly sliced
- ½ cup fresh raspberries
- ½ cup fresh blueberries
- ½ cup fresh blackberries
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Combine vanilla wafer crumbs, light brown sugar and melted butter. Mix well. Press onto the bottom and about 1 inch up the sides of a 9-inch springform pan. Bake at 350°F for 8 to 10 minutes. Remove pan from oven and allow to cool completely. Chill until filling is ready.
- Increase oven temperature to 450°F.
- Beat cream cheese on low speed until smooth and creamy. Increase speed to medium-high and add sugar. Continue beating until light and fluffy. Reduce speed to medium and add eggs one by one, beating well after each. Beat in sour cream, kirsch, lemon zest and vanilla.
- Pour batter into chilled crust. Smoothen top. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes. Reduce temperature to 225°F and continue baking for 65 to 75 minutes. Turn oven off and open the door about a quarter of the way. Allow cheesecake to cool in pan inside the oven for 30 to 40 minutes. Remove pan from oven. Run a thin knife around the sides of cake to loosen and allow to cool completely on a wire rack, about 2 to 3 hours. Cover pan with foil or plastic wrap and chill for at least 8 hours or overnight.
- Warm red currant jelly in a pan over low heat.
- Combine together strawberries, raspberries, blueberries and blackberries in a bowl. Add warm jelly and toss lightly until coated.
- Remove cheesecake from refrigerator and remove pan sides. Spoon jelly coated berries over cake top and allow to set, about 45 to 55 minutes, or chill, for faster setting. Cut cheesecake into wedges before serving.
- You may also choose to fold berries into the cream cheese mixture and pipe whipped cream on top of cake. Finish by dusting top with sifted cocoa powder.
Bestselling Products on Amazon
Prices are accurate as of September 28, 2016 6:36 pm. Product prices and available are subject to change. Any price and availablility information displayed on Amazon.com at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of any products.
Certain content that appears on this site comes from Amazon Services LLC. This content is provided 'AS IS' and is subject to change or removal at any time.
Tagged with: baking • Baking and Confections • Berry Cheesecake • berry cheesecake recipe • berry cheesecakes • berry desserts • berry recipes • Cheesecake • cheesecake recipes • cheesecakes • Cooking • Cream cheese • Dessert • dessert recipes • Desserts • Recipes
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!