Beer Cheese Fondue
- 6 ounces sharp Cheddar cheese, grated
- 6 ounces Gruyere cheese, grated
- 6 ounces Emmental cheese, grated
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 cup lager beer
- 1 tablespoon brown mustard
- ½ teaspoon ground white pepper
- ¼ teaspoon hot sauce
- ¼ teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- dash of cayenne pepper powder
- Combine together cheeses and sprinkle with flour. Toss lightly until well-mixed. Set aside.
- Pour beer in a pot and set over medium heat. Allow to boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer. Add in cheeses in batches, stirring constantly. Once cheeses are completely melted, add brown mustard, white pepper, hot sauce, Worcestershire sauce and cayenne pepper. Simmer once and transfer to a fondue pot.
- Serve as dip for your favorite bread sticks or fruit.
- If using vegetables such as cauliflower florets, pre-cook by immersing in boiling water for a minute or two until just tender.
- For bread sticks, slice bread according to desired length and thickness. Brush with melted butter or olive oil and bake until crispy.
- Slice large fruit such as apples or peaches into thin wedges or bite-size pieces.
Bestselling Products on Amazon
Prices are accurate as of September 26, 2016 6:31 pm. Product prices and available are subject to change. Any price and availablility information displayed on Amazon.com at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of any products.
Certain content that appears on this site comes from Amazon Services LLC. This content is provided 'AS IS' and is subject to change or removal at any time.
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!